Help Ausdance Continue to Advocate for the NSW Dance Sector
In 2020 the pandemic threw our lives into disarray. It tested the resilience and creativity of our community. Yet here we stand united to recover together and strengthen the dance community as we do.
Ausdance NSW is the peak body for dance in the State. It provides advice, advocacy, and dance programs in different contexts and environments, both directly and indirectly and in partnership with other state and federal government departments, local government authorities, dance companies, organisations, educational institutions, businesses, and dance studios.
In the face of crisis, Ausdance NSW were able to:
- Hold over 200 meetings and 50 facilitated meetings to address priority issues for dance artists, studios and organisations.
- Ensure dance workers and artists could safely return to dance, by creating the return to dance guidance notes in liaison with State and Federal governments.
- Deliver the Dance Artists In Residence (DAIR) program, pivoting it online when lockdown hit and finally creating the “Making Space” filmic essay celebrating the art works our residents made.
- Provide advocacy and collaboration in the areas of Safe Dance and Racial Equity in Dance.
However – funding remains uncertain for the organisation.
By supporting Ausdance NSW at this critical time you will be helping them continue to strengthen and support the dance sector.
No donation is too small:
- $35 pays for one hour of grant writing advice over the phone
- $150 pays for an artist from an under-represented community to share their expertise with colleagues at an industry forum
- $500 will enable us to host one think tank session to address priority issues for the industry
- $1000 provides a week-long residency for a DAIR artist
Ausdance NSW is passionate about the role of dance in enriching lives. They ask for your support so that they can continue to ensure they nurture a thriving dance community in New South Wales.
For more information visit ausdancensw.com.au