2022 Associate Artist – Expression of Interest
Australian Dance Theatre
In 2022, under the new Artistic Direction of Wiradjuri man Daniel Riley, Australian Dance Theatre (ADT) is seeking applications from outstanding South Australian-based choreographers for the role of 2022
The 2022 Associate Artist is a twelve-month engagement accompanied by a $25,000 grant, generously supported by the Tanja Liedtke Foundation.
The role is designed to provide mentorship and support in the development of new work and further exploration of choreographic practise within the structure and support of a major dance company.
The opportunity includes, but is not limited to:
- Engagement with ADT Company Artists, production staff, management and other staff.
- An invitation to present a new work at ADT’s home on Kaurna Country, The Odeon, in 2022 (commission fee is inclusive of grant)
- Access to the Tanja Liedtke Studio at The Odeon
- Daily class with the ADT Company Artists
- Marketing, administration and production support
- Assistance in connecting to artists of other art forms, as may be required or requested, fostering new collaborative relationships within South Australia’s artistic community
- Guidance and mentorship from ADT Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director
- Engagement with ADT Young Artist Program
- Work in progress showings, and feedback sessions (as needed)
- Facilitate a public workshop, utilising own choreographic practise
- Engagement with the Tanja Liedtke Foundation and other relevant stakeholders
- Fulfilling marketing and publicity requests as requested by ADT
The structure and timing of this opportunity across the year is not fixed and can be discussed with ADT to accommodate any other commitments that the successful applicant might have.
To apply for this opportunity please submit a CV with links to examples of previous work and a cover letter (no more than two pages) addressing the following questions:
- How this opportunity will enhance your artistic practise?
- Is there is a seed of an idea you wish to explore? If so, how will you realise this within the framework of the Associate Artist role?
- How would working within ADT assist in your practise and future aspirations?
Applicants from First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds and/or underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
Forward applications to:
Andrew Searle, Company Support Officer
Applications close: 4:00 pm (ACST) Friday 17 December 2021
All applicants will be notified: Friday 14 January 2022
For any queries about the opportunity please contact:
Sarah-Jayne Howard, Associate Artistic Director