Auditions for Sydney Dance Company | Close 18th Sept
Sydney Dance Company (SDC) has announced that it will hold Company auditions this October, for early and mid career male and female dancers aged 18 years and over.
Applications are now open until September 18 at
SDC is Australia’s leading contemporary dance company and also the country’s biggest contemporary dance employer, offering 16 highly coveted full-time dancer contracts each year. This is an incredible opportunity to become known to Australia’s leading contemporary dance company, by presenting directly to Artistic Director Rafael Bonachela.
With almost half of the dancers currently in the Sydney Dance Company ensemble having had their first encounter with their employer as part of the audition process, there is no doubt that this is an incredible opportunity to become known and potentially launch a dream contemporary dance career.
Over the past six years Sydney Dance Company has held auditions approximately once every 18 months at their Sydney Harbour studios, as a way of meeting with the next generation of promising young dancers to emerge on the scene, as well as mid career dancers seeking a full time contract.
Sydney Dance Company Artistic Director Rafael Bonachela says, “Even if we don’t have contracts available immediately, this is often where I discover new dancers that I keep in mind for the future. It’s also a chance to give those who are just starting their careers ideas for their professional development, to point out the things that they need to keep working on to be ready to take on a full time contemporary dance career.”
- Applications are now invited from male and female dancers aged 18 years and over who are eligible to work in Australia, and wish to be considered for a position as part of the Sydney Dance Company ensemble.
- All applicants must have a vocational qualification and professional experience in contemporary/classical dance.
- Experience in task work with a professional choreographer, strong improvisation skills, high levels of stamina and flexibility, and an understanding of Sydney Dance Company’s creative outputs are also required.
- Note travel to Sydney is at the applicant’s own expense.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the Company audition over two days, on the weekend of October 17 and 18, at Sydney Dance Company’s Studios.