EVERYBODY DANCE NOW is searching for the most entertaining dance act in Australia!
From Acro to Aerial, Belly Dance to Ballet, Ballroom to Burlesque, Pole Dancing to Popping and Locking, Hip Hop to Highland, Contemporary to Krumping, Bollywood to Breaking, Flamenco to Folk… the brilliant to the bizarre.
Australian dancers of ALL ages and ALL styles ‐ solo, duo or groups… young, old, professional or amateur – everybody is welcome! Everybody Dance Now starts with 120 acts competing head to head in a series of Dance Duels in front of millions of Australians.
Each night during the heats one act will take home $10,000 and secure their place in the Everybody Dance Now finals to compete for the ultimate cash prize of $250,000.
You’ll be working with top entertainment professionals who will help you become the most entertaining dance act in the country. All you have to do is bring your best moves and showcase your dance talents in your own genre or style.
You are dancing for the audience, not a judging panel … we’re looking for pure entertainment!
BRISBANE: SATURDAY, 2nd & SUNDAY 3rd JUNE 2012 (Registration: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Brisbane Convention Centre, 1 Grey Street (opposite the new ABC building) Southbank, Brisbane, QLD 4101
ADELAIDE: FRIDAY, 8th JUNE 2012 (Registration: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
Adelaide Showground, Ridley Centre’ Goodwood Road, Wayville, SA 5034
PERTH: SUNDAY, 10th JUNE 2012 (Registration: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre, 21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth, WA 6000
MELBOURNE: SATURDAY, 16th & SUNDAY 17th JUNE 2012 (Registration: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Melbourne Exhibition Centre – Door 10, 2 Clarendon Street, South Wharf, Melbourne, VIC 3000
SYDNEY: SATURDAY, 23rd & SUNDAY 24th JUNE, 2012, (Registration: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Sydney Showground, Badgery Pavillion, Cnr Grand Parade & Hume Street, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127
DVD & ON-LINE AUDITIONS
If you are unable to attend our Open Auditions, you can still apply to be on the show by sending us a DVD or on-line submission. Simply log on to everybodydancenow.com.au and follow the instructions to send us your audition.
For more information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TO QUALIFY TO AUDITION FOR EVERYBODY DANCE NOW
• Any age can apply but if you are under 16 years of age you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• You must bring identification to your audition to prove your identity and your age (i.e., driver’s license / birth certificate / passport).
• You must be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia or a citizen of New Zealand.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE OPEN AUDITIONS
• You must prepare two dance performances that run approximately 1.30 minutes. Please bring a copy of your music on a CD, iPod or MP3 player
• Please have your music cued and ready to go.
• Due to time restrictions, you may be stopped during your audition.
• Bring everything you need for your audition such as costume, props etc as your audition may be recorded.
• DO NOT post your Application Form to us. Please bring it along with you and make sure it is completed before you arrive.
• Unfortunately there may be a lot of waiting around, so you may want to bring a book or magazine, water and some light snacks.
• If your act is selected to be part of Everybody Dance Now you will be required to attend a three day filmed workshop on 20-22 July.
You must also be available to attend the studio recording of the programme over one three day period (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) between 8 August and 7 October 2012. We will advise you of the actual recording dates by no later than Monday 16 July 2012.
• If you win your episode, you may be required for rehearsals and wardrobe fittings on the Monday of your assigned weekend.
• If you make it through to the quarter-finals you will be required every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 14 September through 7 October or until you are eliminated from the competition.
• If you or any member of your group requires air travel from your normal place of residence to attend the recording of the Programme then FremantleMedia Australia will provide you with one return economy class airfare as well as accomodation (room only). All other expenses incurred by you including travel insurance will be your sole responsibility.
• If you are under 18 years of age and required air travel from your normal place of residence to attend the recording of the Programme, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. FremantleMedia Australia will provide such parent or legal guardian with one return economy class airfare as well as shared accommodation with you (room only). All other expenses incurred by you including travel insurance will be the sole responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.