Four Fully Funded Residencies at ReadyMade Works
Applications Close August 12
ReadyMade Works is pleased to offer four funded Moving Ideas residencies in 2019–20.
Each residency provides one-week (40 hours) of funded residency at the ReadyMade Works studio. Travel and accommodation support is available to one regionally-based NSW artist.
Moving Ideas residencies support NSW-based dance artists to work on their creative practice in a funded capacity. Artists can apply for time and space in the studio to work on a creative project, explore a new idea or develop their practice.
ReadyMade Works values artist-led work and aims to be responsive to the needs, ideas and questions of dance artists based in NSW.
The residency is open to professional, emerging and established artists working with dance, choreography and movement based practices.
Moving Ideas residencies are supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW. ReadyMade Works is supported by the City of Sydney.
ReadyMade Works offers each Moving Ideas resident an artist fee of $1,100 for 40-hours of studio time and a $250 collaborator or production budget. An allowance of $1,000 for travel and accommodation is also available for one regionally-based NSW artist.
- Two 40-hour residencies are available throughout October–December 2019
- Two 40-hour residencies are available throughout January–March 2020
ReadyMade Works will facilitate a showing event for invited peers and community at the culmination of each residency period.
Who can apply:
- Professional, emerging or established dance artists
- Individuals or groups of artists may apply
- Residents of NSW, however interstate artists can be involved as collaborators
- A travel and accomodation allowance is available for one regionally-based NSW artist.