Frozen The Musical
Crown Theatre, Perth
September 21st evening performance at Crown Theatre Perth, will mark the 500th performance of Disney’s Frozen in Australia; an incredible milestone reached during the final leg of the hit Broadway musical’s two-year tour spanning Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. The Australian run of Frozen concludes at Crown Theatre, Perth on Sunday 13 November 2022.
Frozen has welcomed over 750,000 Australians into the magical snow-capped world of Arendelle since the curtain lifted for the very first time at Sydney’s Capitol Theatre in December 2020. The words “let it go” have been sung 13,500 times and Olaf has given 2,500 warm hugs.
Jemma Rix who plays the role of Elsa said, “We are so excited to celebrate 500 shows here at Crown Theatre Perth. It has been an incredible journey from being the first big musical to open globally since the pandemic began all the way through to now. This company of performers, crew and management has shown incredible resilience and we are thrilled to be able to continue to tell the inspiring tale of sisterhood to audiences all over the country.”
FACTS AND FIGURES
- 22 semi-trailers moved Frozen from to Perth, including 45 tonnes of flying scenery and 20 tonnes of automation and staging.
- 350 litres of liquid CO2, refilled once a week, is used for fog during each show.
- 75 million video pixels, with tiles the size of an eye’s pupil, are used throughout the set.
- A 70-person Australian team created 440 costumes, 120 pairs of shoes, 145 wigs and 90 hats using fabrics sourced from 14 different countries.
- It took one person 60 days to bead the 14,000 beads and crystals on to Elsa’s ice dress. The entire dress takes 3 months to create from start to finish.
Produced by Disney Theatrical Productions (The Lion King, Aladdin, Mary Poppins), Frozen features music and lyrics by Academy Award®-winning songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, with book by Academy Award®-winning writer Jennifer Lee, direction by Tony® Award winner Michael Grandage and choreography by Tony® Award winner Rob Ashford.
Frozen is designed by Tony® Award winning scenic and costume designer, Christopher Oram, six-time Tony® winning lighting designer Natasha Katz, Tony® winning video designer Finn Ross, and seven-time Tony® nominated sound designer Peter Hylenski. The production team also includes acclaimed puppet designer Michael Curry, special effects designer Jeremy Chernick, hair designer David Brian Brown and makeup designer Anne Ford-Coates. The music team is headed by music supervisor Stephen Oremus, joined by orchestrator Dave Metzger.
The Australian production of Frozen is one of five currently playing around the world.
Crown Theatre Perth
Limited Season – Perth season must finish Sunday 13 November 2022
Book at www.frozenthemusical.com.au