Ausdance WA presents MoveMe Festival 2016
A Celebration of Electrifying dance culminating in the 2016 Australian Dance Awards
September 15 – 18 | State Theatre Centre of Western Australia
The MoveMe Festival is a 4-day celebration of contemporary dance in Western Australia. It is an opportunity for all dance fans – and those that don’t know they’re fans yet – to experience an arts festival in a radically new way while enjoying the best in contemporary dance in WA.
Ausdance WA, Co3, STRUT Dance and Performing Lines WA will present a selection of contemporary dance works at the State Theatre Centre. There are also opportunities for audiences to learn, engage and celebrate with the dance community.
This year, it will end with an extra celebration of dance – with the presentation of the 2016 Australian Dance Awards by Ausdance National. CLICK HERE for the list of 2016 nominees.
The MoveMe Festival will feature:
- Decadance Perth 2016, created exclusively for STRUT Dance, the National Choreographic Centre, will be the culmination of STRUT’s three-year partnership with GAGA: Ohad Naharin’s (Batsheva Dance Company, Israel) Movement Language.
- the cry – Choreographed by Raewyn Hill, and featuring the extraordinary Co3 dancers, the cry is pure dance invigorated by an exquisite live score by award winning musician Eden Mulhollond (NZ).
- Dark Matter is created and performed by PRAXIS and presented by Performing Lines WA. Combining the exciting movement of five dancers with digital projection mapping, a pulsating live score and over 1000kg of rice (!), Dark Matter explores human displacement, adaptation and resilience.
Ausdance WA Director, Gabrielle Sullivan said that the MoveMe Festival 2016 was a unique opportunity for audiences to engage dance from the state’s best and most exciting companies.
“We have some of the most exciting dance companies and producers in Australia and with Co3, Strut Dance and Performing Lines WA presenting new and exciting shows – the cry, Decadance Perth 2016, and Dark Matter as the centrepiece program. MoveMe will give you unique experiences, great dance, and real engagement with artists in four days right here in Perth,” Ms Sullivan said.
Sitting alongside the core program is:
- The 2016 Australian Dance Awards, presented by Ausdance National.
- Prime Cuts
- Satellite performances including WA Ballet and Force Majeure
- Teachers forum
- CircuitWest conference
- Q&As, talks and other public programs.
Audiences can buy a FESTIVAL PASS that gives them entry to the core program from only $65. One ticket – many experiences. All pass holders will be invited to a join the artists and dance makers for the Friday night celebration, DrinkMe; with drinks, music and dance.