SERIES 3 AUDITION DATES ANNOUNCED – WWW.TEN.COM.AU/DANCE
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE AUSTRALIA is firing up for another spectacular series in 2010.
Network Ten and FremantleMedia Australia invite all Australian dancers to step up to the stage and audition to be part of the biggest dance forum in the country.
The past two series has seen thousands of dancers audition for a coveted position in the Top 20, all vying for the opportunity to work with the best Australian and international choreographers plus the chance to become Australia’s Favourite Dancer and win hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes.
As this year’s winner, Brisbane ballerina, Talia Fowler blew away a US audience of eight million viewers when she made her solo debut on the US Grand Finale of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE*, young hopefuls should be prepared to follow in her footsteps (*airing Network Ten Sept 4).
“Auditioning for SYTYCD was easily the best decision I ever made. After so many years of hard work to become a dancer, being part of the show was so amazing. It gave me the support and confidence I needed to fulfil my dreams. Then the unbelievable happened and I was voted Australia’s Favourite Dancer. The ultimate experience was performing on SYTYCD in the US. It was a once in a lifetime experience I will never forget. If your dream is to dance then go for it, you never know what can happen.” – Talia Fowler, winner, SYTYCDA, Season 2.
Auditions are open to anyone between 18 and 35 and kick off in September 2009.
Pre-registration is essential to secure your place at our auditions – you will be guaranteed a specific time to audition, but only if you pre-register.
Check out www.ten.com.au/dance for all the important information you need.
This year’s auditions have changed. We are spending more days in each capital city with allocated morning and afternoon sessions. No more cattle call, no more cues!
Of course there are no guarantees of success but with more time to audition there’ll be more time spent with each dancer. We want to see you dance, we want to get to know you, we want to know what makes you tick and why you should be in the Top 20.
1. All dancers MUST pre-register to secure their audition day and morning or afternoon session time.
2. Pre-registration is at www.ten.com.au/dance
3. Approximately one week prior to their audition each dancer will be contacted by us via email with their alloted day, and morning or afternoon session time.
4. Each dancer must come with their audition form filled out (downloaded from ten website after they have registered).
5. They must have their audition prepared with at least two song choices, more song choices if they can. Music will have to be cleared for broadcast.
6. All dancers must be prepared to be available for the possibility of a callback that will be on a separate day to their original audition.
NB: THE DANCERS WHO HAVE MADE IT THRU TO THE FINAL STAGE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE ON CAMERA JUDGING AUDITIONS – ADELAIDE AND PERTH DANCERS WILL BE FLOWN TO SYDNEY, MELBOURNE OR GOLD COAST.