Food for Dancers
Homemade Baked Beans
Recipe by Body Fusion
While canned baked beans can be a quick and easy high protein meal for dancers on the run, they actually contain very high amounts of salt and sugar and are highly processed with additives and colours.
The better alternative is to make your own version of this staple food which is both tasty and nutritious and super simple! These Homemade Baked Beans provide a quick, delicious and healthy meal that provides plant-based protein for muscle growth and development and quality carbohydrates to keep you feeling full.
Makes: 3.5 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add cherry tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, bean mix, zucchini, mixed herbs and pepper and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.