Unique Performance Opportunity for Aspiring Young Dancers
Auditions for Le Corsaire
As mentioned in our previous article, The Victorian State Ballet is performing the world famous ballet – Le Corsaire at The Concourse Theatre, Chatswood, Sydney on March 17th & 18th.
As part of these performances the visiting company are seeking youth ballet artists to perform with them in Act 3 of Le Corsaire – the Flower Garden scene.
An audition will be held at the Concourse Theatre on Saturday 17th February from 9:30am to 4pm.
- Girls only ages 10 years – 17 years with strong basic ballet technique.
- Attire: Neat ballet attire, ballet shoes. Dancers 15 – 17 years currently working, competing en pointe please bring your pointe shoes.
- Audition: short classical ballet class on stage in 2 groups (according to ages)
- Times: all candidates are required to sign-in at 9:30am at the theatre. After sign-in they will be directed to a designated warm-up area. No parents, siblings or friends allowed viewing.
- Class: Group 1 – 10:15am to 11:15pm, Group 2 – 11:30am to 12:15pm.
- Selection at 12:15pm and rehearsal will take place at 12:30pm until 4pm.
- All dancers to bring lunch.
Registration: via trybooking: https://www.trybooking.com/TTDK Audition fee applies.
There will be another rehearsal prior to the performances and a dress rehearsal on 17th March at the theatre. Further details will be provided after 17th February.
For further queries please email us at : email@example.com