Insurance for Teachers Delivering Online Classes
A Message from DanceSurance
With the rush to move lessons online, many dance studio owners may have forgotten to consider their insurance coverage. We checked in with DanceSurance who have worked with their underwriter to update insurance policies for dance teachers and studio owners in delivering online classes in these unprecedented times.
We understand this is a challenging time, and every one is trying to do their best for their businesses and students, but please contact your insurance provider to clarify policy details specific to you.
DanceSurance Corona Virus Policy Information: Following the current guidelines imposed by the government, all physical on-site classes have now ceased until further notice. As these guidelines are consistently changing we recommend to check these on a daily basis. Unfortunately, there is no cover under a Public Liability policy for loss of profit, rent or illness as a result of business closure (forced by authority or voluntary). There is no insurance policy obtainable (in the world) that will cover businesses loss of profits, rent, or other preventive actions due to the disruption of the coronavirus.
Below is Remote Coaching Endorsement from DanceSurance’s Underwriter ⏤
Additional Conditions Cover under this policy is subject to the following additional conditions:
Remote coaching/instruction (live or pre-recorded)
In respect of any coaching or instruction that is undertaken remotely, the Insured must ensure that:
1. At the commencement of the session, participants are advised that:
by participating they are doing so at their own risk;
they must ensure and confirm they have suitable, non-slip floor space in which to participate, and any potential obstructions in the vicinity are removed before they participate;
the activities should be avoided if they have, or suspect they may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains;
there is no use of blades, weapons or sharp instruments of any description in the instruction;
physical contact with other participants is excluded and where appropriate adhere to social distancing guidelines.
2. Sessions are conducted for the benefit of existing members/participants/contacts only who have demonstrated sufficient suitability to participate;
3. You only instruct activities in which you are qualified to do so;
4. The session is recorded and retained for viewing in the event of an incident being reported; and the recordings are retained for a period of up to thirty-six (36) months to assist in any future claims against you.
5. Acrobatics and tumbling are excluded.