The Dance Around The World Solo Competition is part of the Australian Dance Festival’s mission to celebrate Australia’s best in dance. The competition is to recognize the up and coming new talent in our industry. The winner will receive:
• One Return Airfare to Los Angeles from Australia + A 14 Day Hollywood Tour including:
• Hotel Accommodation – 13 Nights (share 4 per room)
• Ground Transportation to all scheduled HOLLYWOOD TOUR events
• The opportunity to perform in the Choreographer’s Carnival Ball
• Seminar and audition with LA’s most prestigious Dance Agency – MSA
We would like to thank our sponsors Dance Around The World & SourceDance for donating these amazing prizes!
Last year, we were so blown away by the talent of our finalists that we unanimously agreed that in 2011 the soloists deserve to be on the main stage! The Dance Around The World Soloists will be a part of our night show on Saturday 17th September at the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre. They will share the stage with some of Australia’s best showcase dancers and be part of an amazing night of dance, hosted by Jason Coleman.
How To Enter The Competition:
• Competitors must be 15 years and over
• Competitors cannot be professional dancers (i.e. if you earn more than 50% of your annual income through dancing, you will be classified as a professional dancer)
• Competitors must participate in the premium workshops for the entire weekend of the Australian Dance Festival (as this is how they will get selected for the finals) i.e. you must be registered for a weekend pass. Passes are currently $130 for concessions, and will increase to $150 on the 1st July.
How The Competition Works:
• During the premium workshops on Saturday, our instructors will be on the look out for exceptionally talented students who stand out
• At the end of each workshop, one person from each workshop will be selected to dance in the finals on Saturday Evening (17th September)
• A total of 15 finalists will be chosen
• Finalists must dance a 40-60 second solo in front of our judges – please bring your own music and suitable attire
• Please note that solos must be rehearsed prior to the competition.
• The Australian Dance Festival reserves the right of refusal and the judges’ decision is final. There will be no forum for a protest.
More info on the Dance Around The World Solo Competition, click here.