It’s a great thing to have an idea of what you will tolerate and what you won’t – out of life, your results, and your relationships.
But sometimes we don’t have a clear view of our standards and we allow crappy things to keep showing up in our lives.
That’s where getting clear on your mission comes in! You know super-heroes always had an ideal view of the world THEY want to see. Void of meanies and villains. You too can take something from that and create your own ‘super hero’ mission statement.
I created a mission statement a few years back and it has become something that I turn to when I need to make the big decisions during my life. Gosh, even the small ones I now make, I ask myself “is this in line with my super power vision of my life? … or will it limit me in some way shape or form”.
I’ve only had it with me for about 6 months. I didn’t know there was such a thing until I kept coming across these ideas in many personal development books. I actually thought it was just a thing businesses did.
But using this personal and compelling statement as a beacon of light in life, works a charm for me.
I want to show you how to do it too…
Find a quiet place to relax, where you can’t be interrupted for at least 30min.
Work out what your top 5 values are:
- You know those things you hold dear to yourself that matter
- The things which set you aside from everyone else
- The things that are non-negotiable for you
- Write a list of them in order of most important to least.
- Love and friendship
- Learning and growth and Knowledge
- Compassion and understanding
- Self expression
- Adventure and risk taking
- Diligence and Doing Less More Often
- Honesty and Integrity
- Travel and Experience
Incorporate these values with your dreams. Ask yourself these questions:
- What do you want to stand for?
- Who are you to the world?
- What legacy is important for you to leave behind?
Then practice making the sentences “RING TRUE” for you when you speak them out aloud.
Put your heart and soul in to the 4 or 5 lines of words that represent what you hold dear, and what you wish to bring to earth.
My Personal “Super Hero” Mission Statement:
- To live my life in care and understanding and Allow Space and Time for my Creative Expression.
- To Train and assist young creative people to believe in themselves, dream and offer steps to make their dreams a reality.
- To ‘Walk My Walk’ and Be the ‘Go-To’ Person in the Creative Career Industry. To Go outside my comfort zone and make things happen because I know that no-one is going to make them happen for me, if it is to be it’s up to me.
- Oh and have fun!
- Enjoy Life with a family unit who encourages me and we achieve more together than we would alone.
Paste it around your surroundings so you see it all the time and learn it by heart.
Declare your Personal Mission Statement to friends and family and live by it.
Read it every morning and make your decisions so they fit clearly with your statement.
Then- ENJOY, LOVE, LIVE LARGE and GIVE BIG!
Write your PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT and post it on my facebook page so we can all witness your remarkable declaration!